- Follow Lee Ann De Reus, PhD on WordPress.com
Lee Ann De Reus at TEDxPSU: Daring to Make a Difference for DR Congo
- RT @DenisMukwege: Last week in #Geneva with #survivors of #SexualViolence from around the world. Incredibly strong #women, motivated to bre… 2 weeks ago
- RT @MaxineWaters: At this point, the NYT could release Trump leaving a voice message thanking Putin for his services and GOP would still sa… 2 weeks ago
- RT @CharlesMBlow: America, where black ppl can commit a traffic offense and lose their life, but the first fam can commit treason and not e… 2 weeks ago
- RT @SashaLezh: V strong statement fm @nikkihaley deputy M. Sison: Kabila, CENI should schedule elections or face new sanctions #RDC https:/… 2 weeks ago
- RT @MushamukaD: Kabila's 250-foot yacht won the award for best refurbished in its class in 2014. Congolese must be so proud! https://t.co/t… 2 weeks ago
Copy Rights© Lee Ann De Reus and leeanndereus.com, 2012. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material (blog content and photos) without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Lee Ann De Reus and leeanndereus.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
“A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.” – Jackie Robinson This morning as I watched Ken Burns interviewed on Face the Nation about his new documentary on baseball legend Jackie Robinson, I had … Continue reading
Panzi Foundation USA joined over 60 international organizations in Bukavu, Congo, May 23-25, 2013 for a conference of partners, donors, and hospital staff. This meeting was a chance for networking, strategizing for the future, and fellowship. Non-profits included UNICEF, Stephen … Continue reading
Emanuel, a 17-year-old student from Bukavu, co-teaches art and English with Ari De Reus at Aire de Jeux. He first paired up with Ari De Reus in 2010 for this project (he’s a little taller now!). He loves working with … Continue reading
Over 40 kids (mostly from the neighborhood) will show up to the after-school tutoring program on any given day at Panzi hospital. In the morning, 40+ toddlers come to the daycare program. Their mothers are getting care at Panzi. Rarely … Continue reading
Neighborhood kids and the children of women who get care at Panzi hospital, come to this after-school program for tutoring.
Arianna De Reus (yep, that’s my kid!), helps children with art projects at the Aire de Jeux after-school care program. The structure was built with funds raised by Tyrone High School students in Tyrone, PA.