Copy Rights© Lee Ann De Reus and leeanndereus.com, 2012. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material (blog content and photos) without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Lee Ann De Reus and leeanndereus.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
- Moving visit 2 a Rwanda reconciliation village today w/#PSUAltoona students. Incredible testimonies from perpetrators & victims. #NeverAgain 1 day ago
- Thnx 4 ur questn @GabsterSmitty. We stop the horror by getting at roots of violence: poverty, corruption, gender/ethnic prejudices, trauma. 3 days ago
- Children raped w/extreme violence in Kabare & Mwenga Territories r coming 2 #Panzi. 9 victims, 2 deceased since May. @womenundrsiege #DRC 3 days ago
- 9 children, ages 1-12 raped in S Kivu since May & brot 2 #Panzi Hospital. 2 girls died. 2 perps in custody by Uvira police. @womenundrsiege 3 days ago
- “I havn't seen such a horror since 2004. Childrn r coming 2 the hosp in extreme critical conditions"-Dr Mukwege. 9 raped. @womenundrsiege 3 days ago
Want to make a difference in the DR Congo? Help Raphael become a doctor at Panzi!You can help Raphael achieve his dream to become a doctor at Panzi Hosp by donating here: http://www.gofundme.com/14d2io . He is the future of Congo!
Monthly Archives: October 2012
It’s been a rough few days at Panzi hospital. The attack on Dr. Mukwege last Thursday night and the death of his employee, who was a long-time friend, was shocking and heart-wrenching. You can read the press release from Panzi … Continue reading
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Hollidaysburg, PA, October 28, 2012 – Panzi Foundation USA is shocked and saddened by the recent attack on our co-founder, Dr. Denis Mukwege, and the murder of his long-time employee. As widely reported in the media, several … Continue reading
So glad to have Mami back in Bukavu! She journeyed here from Rutshuru last night as I have hired her to assist with my research project on mothers’ acceptance and/or rejection of children born from sexual violence. This is a … Continue reading
On any given day at Panzi Hospital, there are over 200 women receiving treatment for their injuries due to sexualized violence. Recently, I asked a group of women if they would like to share a quote about their thoughts on … Continue reading
When Dr. Mukwege, chief surgeon at Panzi Hospital, asked me in 2009 to help him start a foundation in the US, to support initiatives of the hospital, little did I know such an incredible journey would unfold! It is a … Continue reading
In honor of the book and recently released documentary, “Half the Sky,” http://www.halftheskymovement.org by Nick Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn, women at Panzi Hospital demonstrate holding up half the sky in solidarity with their sisters around the globe. Panzi staff explained … Continue reading
The Badilika Congo Blog: Even in the Face of Impossible Odds, People Who Love Their Country Can Change It
The purpose of the Badilika Congo Blog (Badilika means “change” in Kiswahili) is to feature voices of Congolese youth who have much to say about their lives and country but lack the resources to access the internet. This is the third … Continue reading